Military OneSource provides free, online resources to service members and their families via the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library . You'll find eBooks and audiobooks on virtually every topic, as well as databases and reference manuals that can help you learn a new skill, keep kids engaged and serve as a homework source, or prepare you to land your next job.
How to quickly find what you need
Articles are arranged by categories at the top of the home page:
- Health & Wellness
- Military Life Topics
- Money, Taxes & Legal
- School & Work
The bulk of the library is organized by databases, such as:
- Academic Search Elite hosts thousands of full-text articles
- Audiobooks Collection gives you access to thousands of titles, playable on most portable devices
- MasterFILE offers current issues of Consumer Reports, Forbes, U.S. News & World Report and more
- Chilton's Auto Repair helps you tackle car maintenance and repairs
- eBooks Collection offers a variety of content, including literary classics, health, mystery, travel and more.
Here’s a sampling of resources you and your family can find inside the library.
The MWR Digital Library is a gold mine for children. It helps toddlers learn how to read and is a great tool for grade-schoolers to research paper topics. Some resources include:
- TumbleBooks for Beginning Readers – a library of animated, talking picture books (available in English, Spanish and French) that help young readers build their vocabulary.
- Explora Primary – a database of colorful and fun resources that help children in grades K – 5 learn about animals, music, health, history, people and places, science, math and sports.
- Explora Secondary – an online library of magazine and newspaper articles, videos, images and reference information about arts, music, geography, health, math and more for children grades 6 – 12.
- Tutor.com for military children – online tutoring and homework help from expert tutors in more than 16 subjects.
The library is full of resources that can help teens with research projects and other school assignments, as well as fun eBooks and online periodicals that will feed their interests and keep them reading. Check out the following:
- TumbleBook Cloud for Teens – a collection of eBooks, educational videos and audiobooks.
- Student Resource in Context – a tool to research topics from a variety of sources, including reference publications, periodicals and newspapers, primary sources and multimedia. Content is based on national curriculum standards for middle and high school students.
- Peterson’s DoD MWR Education Resource Center – test preparation and practice tests for the SIFT, CLEP ASVAB and more, allowing you to potentially test out of college credits, as well as information for searching postsecondary schools.
The MWR Digital Library is a great destination for those looking to advance their education or career. It also includes repair manuals, information on investing and a collection of military information. Check out these libraries:
- Career Transitions – helps you map your military experience to civilian jobs, write a resume and cover letter, participate in an interview simulation and find job announcements.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – offers information on stocks and mutual funds, and Investment Classroom, helps you hone your investing skills and learn how the stock market works.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center – provides 410 reference books with original photos and illustrations of different kinds of engines.
- HeritageQuest Online – assists you in finding information on people and places in more than 2.3 million genealogy and local history articles.
- Military & Government Collection – provides full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals, offering current news on the military and government.
Take advantage of the many databases and resources available as part of the MWR Digital Library. A free service for military members and their families, it has something to offer for each family member. Just log into your Military OneSource account or create a username and password to get started.