Military OneSource is a confidential Department of Defense-funded program that is both a call center and a website providing comprehensive information on every aspect of military life at no cost to active duty, Guard and Reserve Component members, their families and survivors. Information includes, but is not limited to deployment, reunion, relationship, grief, spouse employment and education, parenting and childhood, and much more.
Military OneSource has policy and programmatic information, helpful resources, products, articles and tips on numerous topics related to military life. Confidential services are available 24 hours a day by telephone and online. Read more about Military OneSource in About Us.
Read below for important media-related information.
Link to Military OneSource
Links to the Military OneSource website are permitted. The fact that a website links to Military OneSource does not indicate that the Department of Defense has any responsibility for the content of that site, nor does it constitute an endorsement of that site by the Department.
When linking to Military OneSource, please use the following text:
"Military OneSource is provided by the Department of Defense at no cost to active duty, Guard, and reserve service members (regardless of activation status), their families and survivors. It is a virtual extension of installation services that is both a call center and a website. Visit Military OneSource today or call 800-342-9647.”
Military OneSource Logo and Word Mark
A federal Department of Defense employee may use the graphical identifiers on official Department of Defense media, employing proper discretion that the usage is appropriate. Click here for more information about accessing Military OneSource logos.
Request for Permission to Use the Military OneSource Logo or Word Mark (Official Graphical Identifiers)
The Manager of Content Operations is the designee for approving usages of the Military OneSource graphical logo or word mark by entities external to the Department or purposes other than standard official usages. The Department has a concurrence system to process requests for use of the identifiers which gathers pertinent information about the requestor, the association with the Department, the context in which the identifier would be used and the content it would be associated with.
Please start this process by responding to the questions/requests for information below and sending your response to MC&FP Public Affairs. Please allow several days or longer for this review to proceed; this is not an on-demand, dedicated service.
- One of the most important parts of a review is input from the Military Community and Family Policy Program Office, including Military OneSource, that is providing the funding/support. Without an official association with the Department, and explicit input from the Military Community and Family Policy program office that is providing the support, requests take considerably longer to review. Please start, if possible, by working with your Military Community and Family Policy supporting office to find out what they want as far as recognition for their funding/support. Then it is best if the Military Community and Family Policy office initiates the MOS logo/word mark usage request. It is possible for a recipient to initiate a request, but we still need the name and other contact information for their Military Community and Family Policy supporting office to process the review, if applicable. Requests where a recipient has not already worked with the supporting office may take longer and be harder to process.
- If you are a recipient of funding/support and have not already worked with your supporting office please provide the name and contact information for your Military Community and Family Policy contact with responsible involvement in the project/funding so we can get input from them. We ultimately need to get input from a Federal employee at MC&FP but provide us with whatever contacts you have. We will be checking with this person/authority on the desired usage to ensure the Military Community and Family Policy program office is comfortable with the graphical identifier usage on their program/initiative before being sent forward for review.
- If your organization is not an official partner with Military Community and Family Policy but supports the military community, provide a description of that support and how the connection to Military OneSource would be beneficial.
- Please explicitly describe the desired usage of the Military OneSource graphical identifier. When possible, mock-ups are best. Where will it be used, how will it be used, what information is it associated with? If it will be included on a website, how will it be used? What is the URL for the website? We need to clearly understand the specifics of exactly how and where the identifier will be used, for each and every desired usage. Note: For most external uses of our graphical identifier there needs to be qualifying wording to explain why it is there. Common qualifiers are "Funding provided by" and "Support provided by," but there is no one answer as to the proper explanatory wording. The usage of the identifier needs to be clear as to why it is there. It cannot have an appearance of endorsement of any private company, service, or product.
- What is the association between the Department and this external entity or non-Military OneSource usage? Why should the artwork be there? Please provide brief information, but enough so a reviewer can understand the relationship between this external usage and the Department.
- Is there any urgency to this request? When do you need to hear from us? We will work the review process as fast as possible, but this is not an on-demand, dedicated service so please allow at least several days or longer for your request to be processed.
- Who are you? What is your involvement with this request? Who do we contact with further questions? Please include full information such as your title, organization, involvement with the project, and involvement with the Department.
Once we have your initial responses, we will review them and start the process. All the details do not need to be answered for each desired usage; we do need enough information about the specifics of this desired usage so an executive can make an informed decision to properly conduct a review.
Public Relations Information
Military OneSource is a Department of Defense website and cannot post any product endorsements or give preferential treatment to commercial websites. If you have any additional questions, please visit Defense.gov or call 703-428-0711.
- On the Web
- Media contact
- Public contact
Visit Defense.gov or call 703-428-0711
Copyright Status and Citation
Information generated by Military OneSource is in the public domain and may be reproduced, published, or otherwise used without the Department's permission unless otherwise noted. Citing Military OneSource as the source of the information is appreciated as appropriate. With respect to materials generated by entities outside of Military OneSource, permission to copy these materials, if necessary, must be obtained from the original source. For information on materials generated by external entities with Department of Defense funding, please refer to individual component policies. This copyright notice only pertains to content on the public side of the Military OneSource website (before the login). Content behind the login is subject to copyright protection.
The pages on Military OneSource may include hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. Military OneSource provides these links solely for our visitors' information and convenience. When visitors select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the Military OneSource site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website.
When Military OneSource provides such links, it adheres to the following policy.
- Links must be consistent with sound public policy and support the mission of Military OneSource and its programs.
- If the Department of Defense or Military OneSource has a formal relationship with organizations or businesses, Military OneSource may link to their sites. All participating partners in a business venture with Military OneSource must be treated equally.
- Links to commercial sites must avoid even the perception of favoritism or bias relative to other similar commercial sites.
- Military OneSource regularly reviews the quality and usefulness of the sites it links to. However, Military OneSource cannot be responsible for their content or privacy policies as noted in the Disclaimers of Endorsement below.
Links to External Websites
All links and pointers to sites that are not part of Military OneSource are considered external links, including but not limited to other government sites, nonprofit sites, organizations and educational institutions.
All hypertext links to external sites will be accompanied by an exit notice and the disclaimers below apply.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The inclusion of links and pointers to websites is not intended to assign importance to those sites or to the information contained on those sites. It is also not intended to endorse or recommend any views expressed or products or services offered on these sites.
Military OneSource does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
Military OneSource does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and does not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
Military OneSource cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Visitors must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
Military OneSource is not responsible for transmissions visitors receive from linked websites.
Military OneSource does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Military OneSource will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias or discrimination. Furthermore, Military OneSource reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims or is determined to be in conflict with Military OneSource's mission or policies.
Sometimes external pages we link to are moved or removed, creating a broken link. If you think you have come across a broken link on our website, please notify us via our Customer Support webpage.